It is proven to provide participants (aged 8-11 years old) with the tools to rise to life’s challenges, and make the most of setbacks and adversity. FRIENDS for Life also improves participants’ social and emotional skills, ability to focus, confidence, and the capacity to relax and regulate emotions.
To help participants remember the FRIENDS concepts, and to bring structure to the sessions we use the FRIENDS acronym:
- Feelings (talk about your feelings and care about other people’s feelings)
- Relax (do “milkshake” breathing, have some quiet time)
- Ican try! (we can all try our best)
- Encourage (step plans to happy home)
- Nurture (quality time together doing fun activities)
- Don’t forget – be brave! (practice skills everyday with friends /family)
- Stay happy
The FRIENDS Programs takes pride in an interactive and hands-on approach. Not only does this engage the children, it is fun too!
FRIENDS for Life empowers participants to cope with the emotions of themselves and others by engaging with positive thoughts, emotions, and self-regulation strategies. The program also teaches creative alternatives to solving problems they would have previously shied away from, fostering the development of confidence and self-esteem.
Most importantly, FRIENDS for Life encourages smiling, happiness and bravery, and facilitates smooth transitions into adolescence.
* Before the training starts there will be an intake
* Each session lasts 75 minutes
* There are 9 sessions which take place every week (during the Dutch school holidays there are no training sessions)
* The group consists of a maximum of 6 children (aged 8-11 years old)
* The costs are € 285- (including VAT, intake and materials)
This training can be given individually too, please don’t hesitate to contact me for more details.
Lenneke van der Aart